• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally a breakthrough Apollo/203P Combo

Farmer Brown

Aug 28, 2019
I have been trying to order the Anytone Apollo 2, 203P and jumper combo for over a month now and finally had success today.
$154 and $5 shipping. I will take it to CC and his Scope for the match up and 2watt DK, I'm thinking it is going to be a very interesting setup to communicate with.
I know there are some here who are running these, would give some fresh reviews,updates with antenna info. I am going to start with a Lil' Will, I've always had great service from these antennas.

I hope everyone has a good evening.
Farmer

I’d assume mobile?

The Little Wil is a nice & handy backup. (The preference is always for permanent mount). A Sirio 5000 base-load with their 145 mag mount is given slightly higher marks than the Wilson 5000 (better choices; worth moving up).

My latest from a year or so ago is a triple mag with a 7’ President Texas. (Puck mount on its way).

The antenna is where the action lays. Permanent mount in center of all that metal is the ideal. And no real reason not to go that route.

Don’t know the radio (except by catalog view), but I have an RM ITALY KL203P that’s been a steady performer for several years now.

Was headed thru Texarkana a few hours ago and heard someone call for Farmer Brown.

Mr Slowmover,

Yes it's a little mobile unit that does AM and FM and has a broad freq range. There are some very good articles on WWDX about them, BOW being a contributor who has a 3-part review and tune-up.

The Lil Wil is one of my fail safe's in CB life lol and I'm terribly dissipointed in the Wilson 5000, from all accounts the 1000 is a great one. I have been eyeing the Sirio for some time now. WOW a 7' President Texas sounds really cool, how much do you run through it? What is your DK going into the 203P? Seems the consensus is safe 2 Watts.

LOL that's cool that you heard someone calling me while you were n T Town, I'm about 35 miles east of there and talk on 19 most mornings around 7 AM. I drove for many years around the area and love to make contact with everyone.

Maybe get to meet you sometime, until them-Bless

Farmer

Mr Slowmover,

Yes it's a little mobile unit that does AM and FM and has a broad freq range. There are some very good articles on WWDX about them, BOW being a contributor who has a 3-part review and tune-up.

The Lil Wil is one of my fail safe's in CB life lol and I'm terribly dissipointed in the Wilson 5000, from all accounts the 1000 is a great one. I have been eyeing the Sirio for some time now. WOW a 7' President Texas sounds really cool, how much do you run through it? What is your DK going into the 203P? Seems the consensus is safe 2 Watts.

LOL that's cool that you heard someone calling me while you were n T Town, I'm about 35 miles east of there and talk on 19 most mornings around 7 AM. I drove for many years around the area and love to make contact with everyone.

Maybe get to meet you sometime, until them-Bless

Farmer

I’ve had the Texas up on the pickup roof to double-check clearance, but the pickup hasn’t gone anywhere in a while. Major highway 3.0-miles away got good reports. Not any real test, obviously.

The 203P I’ve run behind a number of mobiles. Power turned down to maybe 2.5W per front panel adjustments on several Galaxys. Otherwise, a 4W CB “as is”.

Currently behind a Galaxy DX-86V in this Peterbilt.

Date above I heard “FB” being called I was on the exit ramp from IH49 to IH30 to Little Rock. Signal was neither strong nor weak. Thus I assumed (1) it was someone out ahead of me; and (2) just then come into town and ringing your doorbell!

Didn’t then know where you lived. I thought it possible “Farmer Brown” was a media reference I’d missed and maybe in common use.

Guess there really are no coincidences, huh?

I use the Loves at Leary often enough I’m on that road (slower times of day) that it won’t be hard to remember to holler once in the barn.

I’d still like to recommend permanent, and something taller than the Little Wil. I’ve done well enough with one on a temp basis, but it’s just not in the same class.

An NMO-mount with a 49” Larsen or Laird 27-MHz antenna would be a fail-safe choice. Read around, is the real recommendation.

It’s my impression that truck drivers go with one antenna or another without maybe trying taller units or a better location & mount. Not many choices on the second of those, but the first & third can use experimentation

The next step is usually to crank a lot of power thru as “help”.

The Sirio gets highest marks as I’ve come across user reports here and elsewhere. Bought one for my son based on those. It’s tall, though.

The real talkers in passenger vehicles (if that’s what you’re in) are the permanent mount antennas. Get out better than the big trucks, on average. Is my experience (I often ask what it is when I can’t see them).

Pilot vehicles to Oversize loads run the range. A few have been extraordinary. Guess which type mount? It’s not always “range”, but the clarity of the TX which leaves such a strong impression.

I’m glad to put you on my “map”. And look forward to a shout.

Last edited:
I’ve had the Texas up on the pickup roof to double-check clearance, but the pickup hasn’t gone anywhere in a while. Major highway 3.0-miles away got good reports. Not any real test, obviously.

The 203P I’ve run behind a number of mobiles. Power turned down to maybe 2.5W per front panel adjustments on several Galaxys. Otherwise, a 4W CB “as is”.

Currently behind a Galaxy DX-86V in this Peterbilt.

Date above I heard “FB” being called I was on the exit ramp from IH49 to IH30 to Little Rock. Signal was neither strong nor weak. Thus I assumed (1) it was someone out ahead of me; and (2) just then come into town and ringing your doorbell!

Didn’t then know where you lived. I thought it possible “Farmer Brown” was a media reference I’d missed and maybe in common use.

Guess there really are no coincidences, huh?

I use the Loves at Leary often enough I’m on that road (slower times of day) that it won’t be hard to remember to holler once in the barn.

I’d still like to recommend permanent, and something taller than the Little Wil. I’ve done well enough with one on a temp basis, but it’s just not in the same class.

An NMO-mount with a 49” Larsen or Laird 27-MHz antenna would be a fail-safe choice. Read around, is the real recommendation.

It’s my impression that truck drivers go with one antenna or another without maybe trying taller units or a better location & mount. Not many choices on the second of those, but the first & third can use experimentation

The next step is usually to crank a lot of power thru as “help”.

The Sirio gets highest marks as I’ve come across user reports here and elsewhere. Bought one for my son based on those. It’s tall, though.

The real talkers in passenger vehicles (if that’s what you’re in) are the permanent mount antennas. Get out better than the big trucks, on average. Is my experience (I often ask what it is when I can’t see them).

Pilot vehicles to Oversize loads run the range. A few have been extraordinary. Guess which type mount? It’s not always “range”, but the clarity of the TX which leaves such a strong impression.

I’m glad to put you on my “map”. And look forward to a shout.

.[

Well Slowmover you have about got me back to my senses and the permanant mounted antennas. I love those Peterbilts for sure, do you travel US 82 East any?

Reactions: Slowmover
On occasion. In Texas it can be to travel west from IH-30 at Texarkana thence to Gainesville and turn south to Fort Worth on IH-35 (avoiding Dallas; sometimes the same coming southbound thru Oklahoma on 69/75.)

I don’t run it too often.

The Bankhead Highway has many stretches I’m familiar with over the years. Out near Albany,GA is another. Used to run Greenville,MS to Birmingham, AL years back.

There’s a quite old section of it (abandoned) out near Ranger,TX all in brick.

Reactions: Farmer Brown
Well Slowmover you have about got me back to my senses and the permanant mounted antennas. I love those Peterbilts for sure, do you travel US 82 East any?

I’ve hollered for you a few times each trip as I run 49 into Texarkana (had you loud/clear directly at the IH30E exit curve).

A few other times (all on AM-19) as I cut off onto US-82 from IH30W at about Leary.

Hello Mr Slowmover, so glad to here from you.

You must be hearing me in the AM around 7:30, you must have a great set of ears as Leary is about 50mi as the crow flys. I have at least 3-4 logging crews around that use 19 as a company ch and that makes it hard for me to hear a long distance contact :(

One of my local friends leaves Prescott, usually around 7AM and we talk on CH 40 LSB, then closer to 7:30 we come down to 19 to catch Ripple coming over the Red River in Garland.

Slick Ripple has worked at the Chevy dealership in Magnolia for years and leaves Texarkana around 6:50 AM or so. You should be able to make contact with him, he has a Galaxy 33 HML and 102'' whip.

I will be trying to hear you, take care our there on the road, Farmer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated