• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally got a new computer.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
Just wondering if you can read my posts any faster now that I have a new computer? :LOL: The old one was a 600 MHz with a HUGE 17" CRT monitor.The monitor died so we decided to upgrade the whole thing.It is now a 2.2 GHz with an LCD monitor,250 Gb HD,512 Mb RAM,CD/DVD reader/writer,memory card reader etc.This thing installs programs so fast I no longer have the time to take a bathroom break while doing so.LOL.I just finished the long tedious task of transfering the data from my old hard drive and reorganised all of it.What a job!The only problem is that I can't interface my ham rig right now as there is a differant port connector than the old serial port I was using. Time to look up alternative ways to do it.I am just having fun learning all the new things about Windows XP Media Centre rather than the Windows 2000 Pro I was using.

Can you hear me now? LOL

I haven't used a floppy in a couple years.I don't miss it.CD's are as cheap/cheaper than diskettes anyway.I have a couple if I decide to install one along with a zip drive and another CD burner drive if I want to go all out.

Actualy they are not partitions.I have a 250 Gb C drive,a 40 Gb D drive for backups etc.,a CD/DVD R/W drive as the E drive.The F,G,H,and I, drives are simply memory card slots.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.