• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally got my call!!

Congrats, if it's anything like here, people will ignore you for a while. Just keep calling, someone will eventually pick you up.

I think some of the old timers won't ack you until you show up in the various commercial databases for calls...which takes a few days past the FCC update.

K C 9 L J O.
Alright! Good for you. "Little Jumping Orangutan". Not really making fun, just makes it a lot easier to remember :). Have fun!
- 'Doc
(Loose Zipper, Luscious Zucchini, Libelous Zilch, and a few I can't type here.)

2-3 weeks is the current waiting period, the fcc is really backed up. when i got my first licence i took my test on monday and had my call on friday.

Took me from Mar 24 test date to April 4 to get the ULS listing. Not too awful.

A lot of it depends on your VE's and how they submit the results, it's faster if you have younger, more savvy people that use the online ULS system.

The group I took the test with were so old, they told me I could just use /AG and start transmitting....they were all confused by someone taking both 2,3 on the same day. Took some explaining to them that I had to wait for ULS posting to actually get my call first.

cheers

Glad you passed and are on the air, if you don't make many contacts download echo link and talk world wide
doctor

I took my exam this morning and past, they asked if I want to upgrade at the same time but I am not quite ready. next month I thin I will upgrade.

Now it is just a matter of waiting for my call.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.