• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fiplex, Sinclair, or Wacom BpBr Cavity Duplexer for 2m..??

MrClean

Mar 11, 2016
PA
Okay, so you all win.. I get it duplexers.. now which brand do you prefer for this..

The 'repeater' is to be 2 of the GM300 ( have one already) which will TX at either 10w or 25w (still undecided, feel free to chime in on that too..), running a 600 khz split, and using an ID'omatic IV for CW ID and such, the TOT will be set low as well to prevent frying the radios like 60-90 seconds.. and fans are mounted on the TX radio to flow air over the TX 'pin'..

I have found these 3 all with free tuning before shipping:
A new Fiplex DVN1522L which has 4" cavities and is rated at 75db isolation $575..
A used Sinclair is QC202GC1 which is 85db.. $780 and comes in a cabinet.
Or a used Wacom BrBr WP641 which is 8" cavities with 85db isolation and is $785 (most expensive)
(and yes I know these should be tuned on site).

I'm leaning toward the Fiplex because of funds.. whats your thoughts on just running the cavities and no other filters on this setup, obviously 10w would be better than pushing 40w, but what about 25w??

Also what other type of filter may I need to compliment this or will this get me in the ballpark??

I have 45' of Heliax LDF4-50A with N connectors here already to use as possible feed line to the antenna and some good RG-214 'jumpers' with silver connectors to go from the radios to the duplexer..

My antenna is only going to be about 15' up above the roof line of the house (as mentioned before) so access is a non-issue.

Still tossing ideas since it will be a single antenna setup, thinking a Diamond or Comet GP-3/6/9 to keep budget down.. (feel free to offer ideas (that worked for you) for under $150)..

I have used both Sinclair and Wacom in commercial applications and will say that the Wacom needed to be retuned every few years but not the Sinclair. I will say however that the Wacom was on a 450 MHz system whereas the Sinclair was on a 156 MHz system and that could have been he difference. I'd still prefer the Sinclair.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.