• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Firmware rev 1.41 & the KX3's internal speaker improvements

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
GET THE UPDATE!

WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

Made a heck of a difference with the volume, I can now use my KX3 without an external speaker.

AWESOME

Attachments

• kx3fw1r41.zip
    235.1 KB · Views: 221

I just applied the beta firmware update. Here are my thoughts:

WOW!
WOW!
WOW!
WOW!
WOW!

This DSP update made the internal speaker perfect! It is louder and clearer than ever. This update speaks volumes to Elecraft's commitment to continuous improvement on their products.

This KX3 rig is really a product in another league...

Is the factory shipping new radios with all these firmware updates already in them?, or do we need to install the updates after building the kit?

Can't say one way or the other, but it is easy to check on the radio using the MENU key or the utility program when connected to the radio. Good option after radio is up and running is save the configuration with the utility program and you can check your software load too.

Current prouduction is MCU 1.50/DSP 1.21, May 24, 2013

Mike

Is the factory shipping new radios with all these firmware updates already in them?, or do we need to install the updates after building the kit?

When they ship, they have all of the current updates applied before they go out the door. However, you should check the firmware often because they release updates fairly often for new features, fixes, etc.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.