• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

First all mode HF Rig.

frankd4

Sep 16, 2011
Help a new guy out I am looking for my first all mode HF rig after much research I am considering the FT897D it’s within my budget and seems to do all I am looking for is there something else I should be looking at and who has the best price around?, it will used primarily as my base station I am scared of making a costly mistake, I would welcome any and all suggestions.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Do you travel much?

You can go visit AES in Orlando and try a few out, the one here in Milwaukee has about 6 different radios on display to try out.

Help a new guy out I am looking for my first all mode HF rig after much research I am considering the FT897D it’s within my budget and seems to do all I am looking for is there something else I should be looking at and who has the best price around?, it will used primarily as my base station I am scared of making a costly mistake, I would welcome any and all suggestions.
Thanks in advance for your help.

New guys first rig

I've had an 897D with the outboard LDG AT-897 Plus tuner,

for several years.

I LOVE IT

Works fine, all bands that I am interested in and also all

modes.

I find that although the menu system is a little confusing

at first you will soon get used to it.

I really think you will not go wrong with the Yaesu 897D.

I purchased mine second hand from a trusted source.

Do your research on the seller if you purchase second hand

and google his call sign and also search QRZ and QTH.com

for any feedback.

Good fortune on your purchase.....Mac

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.