• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

First new mobile setup in 35 years

Sinkhole

Jul 6, 2014
I recently got back into running a radio in my vehicle. I am running a President Andy II FCC with a President Iowa antenna. Getting the mount sorted was interesting. I have a 2015 Silverado and while looking for a fender mount I found many listings for 2010-2018. In my mind, this made no sense. Body styles on GM trucks run from 2007-2013, 2014-2018, and 2019-Current. I found the proper mount from Rugged Radios but with a 3/8 NMO hole. I ordered that up and drilled the hole 1/2". I am running a Procomm 12' Terminator series cable with an FME end. I removed the fold-down pocket from the dash and mounted the radio in the opening. I am a mobile electronics installer by trade so my setup is tied into my stereo. I ran a mono 3.5mm/RCA adapter up to the radio and then used an RCA splitter into the radio. I can now set my radio to AV In and my truck's stereo is now my external speaker. I can use Android Auto for navigation while listening to the CB or NOAA Weather. So far I really like this radio. I was hoping to run my 35yr. old Astatic D104 M6B as it is wired the same as my old 1987 Uniden Pro520XL, but I needed to rewire it, when I went to test it the mic would not transmit. I found the white wire had broken off at the solder joint.
President Andy II.jpg
President Iowa.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated