• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

First trip to Europe in the mobile

nice trip across there
here while back i was on 28 am and 44 John came in and told me there as a guy in India calling me
i couldnt hear the guy but 44 john could hear him and i was giving him a 10 to 15 plus on his radio in india
and like you i was out in the mobile

That is so cool. I usually hear Texas, Bahamas, and Puerto Rico on a regular basis. Then the random areas of USA and Canada. But lately (the past week) I've been hearing Europe pretty regularly. Most of the time I am on my way to work and don't have time to chat, so I just listen. Work is just across my small town. I think it feels so good to make a contact like that, because it doesn't happen every day.

nice. I heard denmark the other day, but couldn't get to him. that or he was ignoring me. he had a call sign that seemed to go on forever...

nice. I heard denmark the other day, but couldn't get to him. that or he was ignoring me. he had a call sign that seemed to go on forever...

I know it!!! When I first started hearing our neighbors, across the Atlantic, they were spitting out some really long call signs. I lost track after the 6th and 7th digit, lol. As the week went on, most of them were shortening them up. Some of the guys I was hearing on a regular basis, by the end of the week, were using 3 digit numbers instead of call signs.

If I had been at the base, I could write them down. But in the mobile I was letting them make contact after contact, while trying to memorize the call. I never did, lol, until that Saturday. They guys were using 3 digit numbers and so I gave one a CQ.

You might have been listening to an activation over here, as the active guys I know just use something like 47AB123, which is sort of the "standard" :sneaky2:

38LSB has been great. Talked to Germany, England, Wales, Denmark, Jamacia etc. this past week. and all on my mobile too.

Enjoy while you can, it won't last.

I heard a couple guys on 27.2850 AM around Manchester. I tried giving a holler to him, 654 Silver Fox. I was bird hunting and was driving up and down mountains and in and out of valleys. Being on the move, he was just fading in and out too much for me to get a response. He was in and out for a few hours though. One moment he was giving me 7 and the next I couldn't hear him. Then he'd be back but faint and then giving me a 5. I kept trying while I was in the truck. I could hear the start of a response a few times, but I'd lose him before he returned the DX numbers. So I don't know if he was talking to me or not. I couldn't stop the truck though. I had to get to my hunting spots. My freezer doesn't have nearly enough ruffed grouse yet.

nice trip across there
here while back i was on 28 am and 44 John came in and told me there as a guy in India calling me
i couldnt hear the guy but 44 john could hear him and i was giving him a 10 to 15 plus on his radio in india
and like you i was out in the mobile

Is that Delta 44 John in Jacksboro, TX?

RT307

10m amateur band in Europe has been wide open to the world this last week and going on last year it continues to improve til at least the end of the month so it follows that 11m is going to be going the same way.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.