• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Flag pole antenna’s

The Howler

Apr 22, 2020
I’ve heard these are pretty popular in HOA neighborhoods. Are these antennas any good on HF bands?
Would they be worth choosing over an Omni or a beam?
Any good talking the skip?

Last edited:

Beam is better, no doubt about it.
Flagpole is a vertical, omni antenna. need radials and tuner at the feedpoint for best possible performance.
Like SGC-230, CG-3000, Icom AH-140, AH-4 or similar.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Actually, I have a large 2 story apartment behind my house and 2 story houses on both sides of me, I am only a Rambler.
I have a antenna currently that is 27’ up to the feed point in the rear corner of my lot with some large trees as a backdrop. My setup gets out pretty good.
I don’t think a flagpole would work in my situation without causing possible issues with RFI and neighbors. My wife brought up this question.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
It is what it looks like, a ground mounted vertical. Run QRO and you can almost guarantee rfi for the neighbors. 100w will keep the peace and still get out for what it is.

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated