• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Flex 5000 SO2R Operation

W1MSG

Now W1MSG
May 9, 2010
MA
I am finding all kinds of really cool options on my Flex 5000, here is a short YouTube on setting up for SO2R ( Single Operator 2 Radio ).

If there are any other things you would like to see about the flex, let me know and I will attempt another screen capture video. This one is my first attempt so hopefully its not too bad.

Here is the link to Youtube as I couldnt figure out how to embed the code in the message.

Youtube Flex 5000 SO2R

Nice video!! I'm still learning all the ins and outs of the Flex 1500. Great qrp rig.
I like the inband dual receive. It works much better than I thought it would.
Having two independent receivers like the 5000 seems to be really cool.
Guess, I'll have to save my pennies and get one one of these days!
trucker

I actually just found a glitch in the SO2R operation.

If VFO A is on a LSB band and VFO B (2nd RX) is on a USB band and you click the TX for VFO B it transmits on the wrong mode LSB instead of USB so it must be using the Main VFO's TX Profile without altering the mode...:sad:

I actually just found a glitch in the SO2R operation.

If VFO A is on a LSB band and VFO B (2nd RX) is on a USB band and you click the TX for VFO B it transmits on the wrong mode LSB instead of USB so it must be using the Main VFO's TX Profile without altering the mode...:sad:

Man I spoke too soon. Shut down the software and brought it back up and now it works perfectly, GO FIGURE !:laugh:

That my next radio,a flex radio...I just bought a new ft450d...nice radio.The main reason i went for it over asnyonther is it had voice module and also has all the filters in it.73 de JW

That my next radio,a flex radio...I just bought a new ft450d...nice radio.The main reason i went for it over asnyonther is it had voice module and also has all the filters in it.73 de JW
You'll be blown away by the filtering abilities of PowerSDR with the Flex radios. Even with my little 1500 qrp rig, it amazes me how well it works.
The Tracking Notch Filter is just great. And you can stack the filters to
get even more filtering on an offending signal.
trucker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.