• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FNG

KK6GTB

Oct 2, 2013
Just got into SCRAP repeater a couple of days ago for the first time and wanted to post here and say thanks for the warm welcome. At the moment I am only able to get in on my HT by peddling my ass up a 800' hill out my back door. Live and broadcast from north of Escondido, broadcast point is on Daley Ranch . Got into ham to supplement my dirtbike, mnt bike, hiking and 4x4 hobbies, so will certainly follow along here for the info on rides, burning ham, etc. Someone mentioned another guy in Valley Center, Brent or Bret... if anyone knows who that is PM his email or username.

Cheers,

Brian
KK6GTB

Hi Brian

Thanks for checking our repeater out. The PM that you mentioned is Mark KF6PMG.
Do you need help in getting your station going?

Daryl (N6DTO)

Cool, right on..another Brian/Bryan. Talked to ya the other day on the air. Good thing you got your call sign before the govt shutdown!!

Don't forget you can listen to the repeater on radio reference.

K6BRY
Bryan

Welcome to scraprtown!!

geez... another Brian/Bryan/Bryon !!

Luckilly I have my other monicker...

K6BIG
Bryan aka "Big B"

Station is all good for now, I use a HT Boafeng UV-5R for the moto/biking/hiking and finished installing Yaesu 8800 in the jeep over the weekend. Going to be a while until I get motivated enough to do something at the house, although I am able to pickup a repeater in Jamul that I am told extends well into Baja so could be cool to reach home from there. Will certainly hit you guys up when I decide to expand the current setup.

Any talk/thoughts of getting IRLP setup on SCRAP, tryed local open IRLP repeater last night and was able to link with a repeater in Cape Town South Africa and make contact, very cool.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.