• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Forum display alignment question

fodendaf

May 2, 2009
I only have a 17 inch monitor and given that I sit 4-5 feet away from it I always enlarge the text a bit. My problem is that when I am in a regular thread I have to move the horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen to the center each time I enter a thread. This aligns the text in the coloured blue boxes to each side of my screen. I understand that the forum has to have ads on the screen but is there anyway I could have all the advertisements on the right of the screen and nothing on the left so I don't have to move the horizontal toolbar after i enter every thread?

yes there is a way to move your right to left, go to view drop down menu, then select encoding, and you will get another drop down menu, there select right to left to see if this will help you out. good day

I downloaded the web developer extension for firefox and the no style option persists after reload now

is basic page style not an option or you are just not finding it?...I don't run firefox, but maybe someone around here will find this.

In my firefox nightly build I have two options: Basic page style, which is normal and no style which removes frames and lets the text fill all the screen which is how I like it. Whenever I enter a thread by new tab which is almost all the time I have to reset the view/page style/ menu to no style. This is as difficult as moving the sliders to align the page so it is not ideal. I did install stylish and try alternative style sheets to permanently change the site but strangely they do not change this site much but they work well on other sites.
I thought I had the problem resolved as the no style option persists when I follow a hyperlink but not when I open a page in a new tab or window, which I like to do as I do not lose my getnew posts page.

i assembled a user script for greasemonkey firefox addon that i find permanently linearizes this site and a few others. anyone who wants can edit in or out sites in the file itself. the .txt appendage must be removed from the filename though.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated