• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

forum slow

(y)

I run a Alcatel 3G wireless moden down here, and pick up the net from a Comcel cell tower approx 1 1/2 kilometers away. The forum main page usually loads completely in 5-10 sec. Only time it is slow is in a hard rain, 'cause it screws up my link with the tower.

Wish it was ie 7 but i haven't used that for years
Firefox all the way
KD0GOJ

No Slowness here today by the way on the site, Me well

Last edited:
I asked the hosting company to look into the performance. They said "everything is fine" but clearly something is working better.

use firebox and download the adblock plugin. that thaink is unbelievable. just click on what ever images you want blocked and set the filter. you can block for just that picture, site, or anywhere on the net. firefox makes things fast and when it only has to load what you want it to its even better.

Believe it or not but go to IE and open tools/internet options and delete the browser history there and you'll get remarkably faster page loads in firefox.

personally , i use the latest mozilla with Ccleaner set to "35 gutman passes"...:wub:
I use firefox also but they're the one's who said to clear temp files in IE and I also reinstalled FF today and made it even faster.

Good to know you're still out there 292.(y)

I am having the slow issues today also, Firefox , DSL and it just shows waiting in wwdx.com for about 30 sec. on each item I try to open. Do NOT have the same on other forums today.

This is what I have noticed. I use FireFox and DSL. I did the temp files thing in IE and FireFox but nothing changed. Like I said previously I noticed it for the past week or so.

It's the host. I'm going to have to upgrade to a better host, more bandwidth, etc. I have some recommendations that I'm exploring for hosts that know how to deal with a site like this. The current host isn't being much help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.