• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

found & fixed a problem thought I'd share.

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
I use a Galaxy Dx88 as a base but have been using it mobile until earlier today when I got my Imax back up, Anyway when I hooked up the base antenna my swr was at 3+ and I was baffled so I took it all back down and started over when I attached my coax back to the Imax I noticed the center pin was very loose so I carefully bent the inner connectors on the Imax in to make a tight fit and put a small dab of dielectric grease in it also. I did the same at the radio as this will no longer be used for anything but a base. I ran 6 gauge wire from the Imax mounting bolt to my home electric ground and added a 8' ground rod next to the electric company's rod and tied the two together with 3 6" pieces of 6 gauge wire. My antenna is now 44' 7" to the base on my new home and I'm amazed at how clear this is. Swr's are now 1.8 on 25.165 and 1.7 on 28.775 and flat from 26.525 - 27.905 (y) I never adjusted the tuning rings since I bought it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.