• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Found this on Goodwill

w9cll

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jan 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
www.flickr.com
5900ee29-121b-4d57-a026-c083e31d95cbttle_12232.jpg

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/136185929

The kenwood sold for $329.00 add at least another $25.00 for shipping handling taxes etc. Then you need to source a microphone and power cord for it,or purchase a plug that fits a kenwood and wire an existing microphone. Pray that the radio is packed well enough by the goodwill people to survive shipping to your qth. When i take all that into account it aint the deal it once was. Once you get the radio theres a 50% chance you just spent $350.00 on a paper weight. anything's possible missing parts blown finals etc the radio could have burned up 20 years ago, the original owner stuck it in the closet. when he died his family simply gave it to goodwill. Buying an hf transceiver from goodwill, at least to me only makes sense if your getting a good deal on it.

Reactions: NZ8N and whiteastro
Something like that would only be worth taking a risk on for $100.00....

I agree because, thats the kind of radio that was basically a beginners radio roughly 30 years ago. Thats the kind of radio that would sell at a hamfest or local club or something, for $300.00 dollars or less, in good working condition. Maybe a little bit more if it had the matching power supply and a desk mic.

Reactions: NZ8N
I agree because, thats the kind of radio that was basically a beginners radio roughly 30 years ago. Thats the kind of radio that would sell at a hamfest or local club or something, for $300.00 dollars or less, in good working condition. Maybe a little bit more if it had the matching power supply and a desk mic.
I agree its a so called beginners radio but it does have six meters so its a little more versatile. I personally would not buy without testing.

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.