• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fraud or ???

The use ofthe word "fraud" is pretty strong. Fraud must contain a ellement of intent. It is possible the seller had no intention of deception at all. I agree that full disclosure is best as it answers all questions however screaming fraud is just as inappropriate as nondisclosure. If the unit was offered as being in mint condx and was beat up then fraud would be appropriate.

Reactions: 2 people
If you buy a used radio who gives a fuck if it's a factory refurb or a Joe's Hack Shack?

This is just dumb.

I would have to agree with most... it is a USED radio as such, if it worked count your blessings, If it didnt then do a claim. But to do a claim stating fraud because of a refurb sticker on a "USED" radio, dont go there.

In my opinion, if the seller told you it was brand new, and it had a refurb sticker, you'd have a bitch!
Buying a used radio from ANYONE over the WWW is always a risk!

Did you get to see a picture of the radio before you committed to it?

If he had removed the sticker and said that it was not a refirb, i would say he then had the intent to be dishonest.

arrived working fairly well, but with a few small issues and sporting a big sticker on the back proclaiming the radio: Factory Refurbished which was not mentioned before the sale.

I would contact the seller, tell them you are not happy and ask for refund, and eat the shipping.
You have expressed that you do not feel that the radio is worth what you paid for it.
The cost of shipping (unless it is substantial) is a fair price to pay to be allowed to have the radio hands on at your place to try.
Sometimes two people do not have a "meeting of the minds" about the quality of equipment and this is true even more so now that things happen on-line.
I would not call it fraud.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
I would contact the seller, tell them you are not happy and ask for refund, and eat the shipping.

The seller should tell him to pound sand. He got what he paid for.

If a buyer insists on having a like new radio, I'd suggest buying a NEW radio.

Again, this is just dumb.

I dont know if they still do it but back in the 1990s Copper sold new radios as refurb and charged full price.. I got stung by them twice back then once in 1991 and again in 1996. Ill never again buy a "new radio" from Copper...............

I'm disappointed that a radio I recently bought from someone on a forum arrived working fairly well, but with a few small issues and sporting a big sticker on the back proclaiming the radio: Factory Refurbished which was not mentioned before the sale.

Would you:

Just keep it. :mad:

Ask for some money back? :(

Ask for all money back, return & you pay shipping? :glare:

Ask for all money back plus shipping costs to return? :mellow:

File a claim through PayPal? :eek:

I bouth a refurb Galaxy 959 off of Amazon a few years ago and it looked and worked just like new. So if i KNEW the radio was refurb and it was sold as a REFURB radio at a reduced price yes id buy one...

If you have ANY correspondence of this deal - especially if he said 'it is cherry' - or anything to that effect; then take it up with Paypal. So long as he gave his word that everything is OK and you acted upon that; then the seller and/or Paypal will have to eat it.

Last edited:
Bender -

How would you have felt about the radio if you had received it and it DID NOT have a refurb sticker on it ? I get the impression that the sticker triggered a lot of "imagined" problems in your mind. As Jeff said, the seller didn't remove the sticker, so he obviously doesn't consider it an issue. If the radio is REALLY less than you expected, man-up and contact the seller.

Reactions: 1 person
OK, I appreciate all the input, and if I wouldn't have had such bad experience with refurbs in the past it just might not have hit me so hard, but I was real disappointed he didn't tell be beforehand.

Thanks again to all who offered an opinion, even those that reeked of cheap tequilla. :whistle: :laugh:

Welcome to Brian crow if you enjoy propaganda than you'll understand why there shooting americans around the world.

Sent from my DROIDX using KGB Satellite

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.