• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Freq. counter

743SEPA

Sep 19, 2018
Etown,Pa.
New to the forum and just getting back into the hobby. I just bought a used PDC 250 freq. counter and wondering if there's any way to turn up the brightness on the display. It works fine,just a little dim like me. Thanks,Rick.

Without having a schematic on that particular model and LED specs (none available that I know of), increasing the drive on those LED’s would be risky.

The only safe way that I can think of is to remove the plastic lens plate that’s mounted in front of those LED’s, and try it that way. If you’re stratified with the improvement, replace the plate with a clear piece of plexiglass instead. The stock plates are usually colored, diffused or cloudy. They let you see only the LED segments, not the body of the LED or anything else surrounding them. I usually prefer the stock filter plates for that reason. Of course some filter plates are more transparent than others, but that filtering will cut down on the brightness and sharpness of the segments somewhat.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.