• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fried My Cobra 29 LTD w/RFX75

jimbowilly

Mar 25, 2011
Hi Guys,
I keyed up the mic without my antenna switched to the radio I intended to talk on.
And "Yes" I did see a small amount of smoke rise up from the back of the radio.
I did find and replace one burnt resistor.
This radio is a Cobra 29 LTD Black Chrome which came with a RFX 75 professionally installed by Custom CB Radio.
Since the RFX 75 is no longer available. What would be my best coarse of action in saving this radio?

Thanks,
Jimbo

Hi Guys,
I keyed up the mic without my antenna switched to the radio I intended to talk on.
And "Yes" I did see a small amount of smoke rise up from the back of the radio.
I did find and replace one burnt resistor.
This radio is a Cobra 29 LTD Black Chrome which came with a RFX 75 professionally installed by Custom CB Radio.
Since the RFX 75 is no longer available. What would be my best coarse of action in saving this radio?

Thanks,
Jimbo

I would say send it to trusty pro for an autopsy and assessment. That always sucks when it was preventable, we've all screwed up at some time or another.

It happens, I hooked a 2510 up backwards one time, after discussing not hooking it up backwards with my brother who joked don't hook it up backwards.
Does it make any power at all or is it just dead?
Did it blow the fuse?

Jeff

Reactions: jimbowilly
It happens, I hooked a 2510 up backwards one time, after discussing not hooking it up backwards with my brother who joked don't hook it up backwards.
Does it make any power at all or is it just dead?
Did it blow the fuse?

Yup. Still puts out about 30 watts. But the antenna light flickers on and off and my voice sounds distant.

You can check this thread out. You will have to find either an ERF 7530 or ERF 9530 replacement final. Both have been discontinued.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/erf-7530.262751/

As an edit to this post there could be a chance that Rocket Box Amplifiers is still using the ERF9530. With any luck they might have some to sell.
I placed an order with Rocket Box Amplifiers.
Thanks for the help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated