• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FS: Cobra 139xlr (virgin)

badfish

Dec 1, 2008
Here I have a Cobra 139XLR 40 channel ssb radio. I am 99% sure this radio has never been touched inside. Clarifier is not tied. No extra holes or swiches. Original mic. Radio is very clean with only a few minor scratches on the case. Inside may be dusty. Some points of interest I will point out that any potential buyer should know:

1. The volume control is scratchy at low volume.
2. The S/RF power meter light seems dim. If it has 2 lights, I think one is burnt out.
3. The mic plug mount seems like its cracked behind the face. It's not lose and it does not move freely but if you push it up it does move up and stick there (see photos). Mic does work and the movement does not effect the radio at all.
4. This radio will need an alignment. I can talk on AM but sideband contacts claim I sound like I am 6khz off. Clarifier would need to be done for sideband operation regardless.

Other than these listed problems, the outside of the radio is very clean. I'm unsure of the inside. It sat in a crane service shop since it was new so im sure its probably dusty in there. I'm asking $100 shipped in the lower 48 states. If you like, you can search me on ebay. My user name is "vshad" and my feedback is 100% positive. I figured I'd try here first before I try ebay. If you need more pics, I can take them.

DSCF1425.jpg

DSCF1426.jpg

DSCF1427.jpg

DSCF1428.jpg

DSCF1429.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.