1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: Longwave Transmitter from US Army Signal Corps

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Gear Swapshop' started by hf-mobile, Mar 26, 2020.

1. hf-mobile

hf-mobile New Member

I have a small longwave AM transmitter for sale. It works from some 190kHz to some 420kHz.

It uses two 813 tubes - so I estimate the RF power of a few ten Watt.
    These days a lot of cheap Russian G813 tubes are offered at eBay for a small sum.
    They will be good for spare when the US-tubes will fail somewhen - if you do not find US-tubes for a reasonable price.

The modulator and the power supply is inside the transmitter cabinet. The transmitter works from 110Vac
    but if you use 230V in your location I can offer an additional step dwon transformer.

The transmitter is contructed to tune short wire antennas. A few ten meters will be OK.

This transmitterwas used in WWII as a ground station transmitter on small air field for coordinating
    incoming planes. You need to connect a microphone and start transmitting.

Is there anybody interested in this transmitter? My QTH is North Germany. The transmitter came in a
    small wooden crate which I still have. The total weight will be some 40kg! (Witout the additional 230/115-transformer.

73 de Andy LW-Sender 1.jpg LW-Sender 2.jpg

Attached Files:

#1 hf-mobile, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Shadetree Mechanic and WECSOG like this.

2. groundwire

groundwire Active Member

I could only imagine the shipping cost from germany to usa. Wooooow.

3. hf-mobile

hf-mobile New Member

I checked this at UPS. It's some 250,-USD as the transmitter in the crate has a weight of some 40kg. A sturdy cardbox would save a lot of weight and the shipping costs would be lowered to 235,-USD - still a stiff sum.
    I know that UPS offers quite lower prices for professional customers. If you know somebody who works for such a company which has a UPS account and shows a bit more flexibility, such a shipping process could run over their account. Of course one needs to pay for it - but the charges are much less.