• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-2200 Mic Kaput! ...Need Replacement!

jmz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 8, 2010
Hi All....

Does anyone know of a 8 PIN round mic or a adapter combination that will give me up/dwn and PTT functionality on my Yaesu FT-2200. the adapters I have found can convert it to another mic but no up/down. Mic needs to be a electret and not a condenser mic, unless anyone knows a work around for that...:headbang:

Thank you all in advance for putting on yourt thinking caps....I truly appreciate the knowledge base of this forum!! (y)

73 KE4HGR John

Yes....MH-27 8 pin round with dtmf and backlit keypad, but all I am interested in is up/down PTT with good modulation...this is not the newer style condenser dynamic mic....it's an electret mic...the round 8 pin adapters only give PTT no up/down...I'm willing to use a dynamic mic if it modulates well. If someone has experience in switching over to a dynamic or any solution that might give me up/down and PTT I'd be happy...the radio is 20 years old but has been a good radio...

I finally resolved my issue with the FT 2200...MY dad gave me a Dynamic Mic from a Kenwood to use but I needed to get a converter for it...My big need was to have up/down capability with it...DTMF not at all...good thing the new mic does not have DTMF :closedeyes: Most adapters that were sold by people on ebay or... well mostly ebay...were like 35-38 bucks with 5-10 bucks shipping AND they would not even say that the adapter would have up/down capability when I get it...one said it wouldn't for sure...then I saw this add for On The Air Communications (Reviews on eHam) and I talked to Phil...He is Awesome and built me what I wanted for a great price and quick shipping....I'm a happy camper now and my FT 2200 will live to see a few more years I hope...19 right now and counting...my first mobile radio so I have a sentimental attachment...plus it is as good if not better than some of the 2 meter radios that they have today...IMHO.

If you need a custom jumper that you need made Phil at On The Air Communications Can help you out...I'm not associated with him....just a happy customer...and thought I would close this thread with a happy ending.

John - KE4HGR
Happy Veterans Day To All That Served!!
US Navy '85-'90

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated