• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-891 Video

I really like the larger screen, and the IF DSP. I may have to make the trip over to Plano to check one out at HRO in person. I used to complain about now having 2m/70cm included, but I've started to like the idea of having another rig separate so I can run HF on one, and a dual bander FM rig for the UHF/VHF stuff.

Brett

I also saw that Yaesu has come out with a newer version of the 991, and it has a real time waterfall with color touch screen. The 991A should drive the prices of the 991 down considerably, and it does have 2m/70cm.

Brett

Reactions: BBB
Me likey. Hello, Santa can you hear me now?
ZYS-FT-991A-0001.jpg

Reactions: Mudfoot and 2RT307
Way too small display for my eyes but looks nice.
My eyesight is bad. Just got a 991A few days ago. I have no issues seeing anything. I even have it sitting on top of my desk. I wish I had bought this earlier. The touch screen menu is fairly intuitive and I've yet to read the manual. So far, I have been using RT Systems software to program it and HRD to control it. I really like this thing.

edit: I assume your talking about the 891, yeah, it's a little small, but I manage with it.

Looks like Yaesu finally made something that can compete with the 706, etc... only took them 20 years to do it... :ROFLMAO:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.