• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-950 with omnirig/SDRPLAY/SDR Console frequencies off with zoom feature

Champo

May 3, 2021
Oregon
At the moment I have omnirig successfully integrated with the FT-950 and the SDRplay. The SDRplay is connected to the scope port on the FT-950 board. I have the IF set at 69.450.000. As long as I'm zoomed all the way in the frequencies are accurate. If you begin to zoom out though the frequency that was correct begins to advance up the band. There must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing to maintain the frequency accuracy when the zoom feature is used but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jacob

At the moment I have omnirig successfully integrated with the FT-950 and the SDRplay. The SDRplay is connected to the scope port on the FT-950 board. I have the IF set at 69.450.000. As long as I'm zoomed all the way in the frequencies are accurate. If you begin to zoom out though the frequency that was correct begins to advance up the band. There must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing to maintain the frequency accuracy when the zoom feature is used but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jacob
I can't delete the post. The description of what is occurring is incorrect.
At the moment I have omnirig successfully integrated with the FT-950 and the SDRplay. The SDRplay is connected to the scope port on the FT-950 board. I have the IF set at 69.450.000. A known frequency will be high by 10 mhz on the frequency scale between the spectrum and the waterfall. As you advance the frequency in 10 mhz intervals that known frequency will jump by 20 mhz. Here is an example:
Set frequency is 3.830, known frequency is at 3.860. Set frequency is advanced 10 mhz to 3.840.
Known frequency is now at 3.880. Set frequency is advanced 10 mhz to 3.850 and the known frequency is now at 3.900. There must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing to offset the frequencies so that they're accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jacob

At the moment I have omnirig successfully integrated with the FT-950 and the SDRplay. The SDRplay is connected to the scope port on the FT-950 board. I have the IF set at 69.450.000. A known frequency will be high by 10 mhz on the frequency scale between the spectrum and the waterfall. As you advance the frequency in 10 mhz intervals that known frequency will jump by 20 mhz. Here is an example:
Set frequency is 3.830, known frequency is at 3.860. Set frequency is advanced 10 mhz to 3.840.
Known frequency is now at 3.880. Set frequency is advanced 10 mhz to 3.850 and the known frequency is now at 3.900. There must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing to offset the frequencies so that they're accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jacob

This problem was corrected by downloading HDSDR. HDSDR has an option that I've been unable to find in SDR Console. Selecting "swap I and Q channel for RX input" under the "input channel mode for RX" heading corrected the problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated