• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT: Palomar 350Z amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExitThirteen

Grumpy and Cranky
Apr 18, 2008
Cornpatch of Iowa
I recently took this Palomar 350Z linear amplifier in trade from a ham operator friend of mine that was wanting some SSB CB equipment for his shack. He worked 40 and 20 meters quite a bit, so I know this amp functions on those bands. I put it on a dummy load and found that it does do just about full output (325-350W on my Bird 43A) on all bands. Currently has 6LB6 tubes in it. I have 5 more 6LB6 tubes that go with it, but they are untested. This box is not pristine, but everything seems to work okay. The preamp DOES work, but the relay is a little dirty, and sometimes the preamp doesn't come on right away. The preamp switch has been replaced at some point (it has a center poition on it that is not used), but it works as it should.

I'm looking for a solid state base amplifier. Would like to have something around the same wattage. Would also consider a 50-70 amp power supply as well. I like the sound of tubes, just don't like all the loading/tuning. Post or PM what you may have, let's make a deal!

Here's some pics of the amp.

Picture706.jpg

Picture707.jpg

Picture708.jpg

Heya Mack, and Triple9... Sorry about not getting back to you two sooner, been away on business this past weekend.

I got what I needed locally from someone in my SSB club, so I don't need to swap out an amp or power supply for the Palomar. However, to be fair, I will put it up for actual sale, if either of you two are interested. I would like to get around $200.00 shipped for it, but I'd entertain offers too.

I don't want either of you two thinking I was double dealing behind each other's back, so I wanted to post here, and let you both know of the situation. Thanks for your patience!

~Cheers~

Heya Mack, and Triple9... Sorry about not getting back to you two sooner, been away on business this past weekend.

I got what I needed locally from someone in my SSB club, so I don't need to swap out an amp or power supply for the Palomar. However, to be fair, I will put it up for actual sale, if either of you two are interested. I would like to get around $200.00 shipped for it, but I'd entertain offers too.

I don't want either of you two thinking I was double dealing behind each other's back, so I wanted to post here, and let you both know of the situation. Thanks for your patience!

~Cheers~

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned