• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM-350 Reception problems

VA3WPN

Jan 7, 2012
Over the last year my radios receive has been becoming more and more suspect. It started off with some minor picket fencing. But has now progressed to very weak receive. The reports I get about my TX are 599. How ever the same stations that are receiving me are weak, choppy, and static plagued. I have changed everything but the radio in this setup. Including 4 different antennas, 3 different mounts, 3 sets of feed line, and 4 different vehicles. My next step is to install an other radio (Tait T-2000) and check its performance against the FTM-350's.

Has anyone had any issues with the RX of the FTM-350 ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I have had no reception problems, two different rigs, and on the 4 antennas. I know you are thinking about slapping another mobile in, but what about grabbing an adapter and trying an HT to see if there is a significant difference. If you hear better on the HT that 350 has a serious RX problem. BTW the antenna swaps were for other reasons than RX, clobbered one at a drive thru, tried the Austin Metro and had too much whistle, switched to UHF from NMO in new rig and use a Diamond CR320A around town and a Super Gainer when needing a little extra.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.