• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM350AR - where does the mic plug into?

kd0fx

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Aug 16, 2009
EN10bt
The manual I downloaded from Yaesu has jack for installation info, just says I should know what I'm doing since I'm a ham. :p OK, sure, but it doesn't tell me if the mic plugs into the box or the head. My FTM-10SR will plug into either location - is the 350 the same way?

I think it plugs into the radio body behind the faceplate. There are two RJ-45 jacks on the front of the body,one connects to the faceplate and I believe the other is for the hand mic. There is also a built in microphone on the front panel as well. When all else fails look for a jack that matches the plug and see if it is labeled "MIKE" or "MIC".

I have a FTM-350 and you actually have the choice of where you want to plug the mike into. There is a jack on the back of the face or the box. I have mine plugged into the back of the face.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.