• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

fuel pump noise.

K

Keep-it-real

What kind of chokes do you guys use for the wires going to the fuel pump???

Nahh!!!!!!!! Hyundai. Mines got totaled in an acccident of Friday and most likely getting another, but I once had the antenna on the
trunk and I had to relocate it to the roof to get away from the noise. So Wifee giving me a hard time about drilling a whole on the roof. Rg8x isn't going to handle an 8 pill...... Either I try and filter out the fuel pump or I'm just gona sell everything.

my wifey has an 02 elantra.....where is the coax running? I ended up coming under the back seat, between the seats under the carpet and that pretty much knocked it out...

I had an 02 as well. I drilled the whole the roof and added a roof mount. Taking apart that head liner was instresting. It was an easy install. But now my wife doesn't want me to drill a whole on the roof. I bought a 400 amp maul, eight pill, 3pill and new radio and never got to key it up. After the install the next day I got wacked and the car was totaled. Never got to key it up once.(Using rg213 coax)

honestly..I hate using chokes, comes back to my audio install days....most of the time...its just a bandaid on a problem...may work, may not..rerouting and better grounds have always been my favorite....but you can get some snap on chokes from radio shack and some other locations, another cheap as hell source is old pc power cables, a lot of those have the chokes on them, look at some and you'll see em on there...you can pull those off and use as well.....
good luck

Finding the wires to the fuel pump is going to be more intresting. I know the pump is in the tank. Last time I put the car on some ramps I couldn't find the wires. They must be under the carpet.

I'll look tomorrow and see if I can't find a harness location for it....but from all I've heard...at the tank is the best location...

Then that's going to be a bit*h..... I would have to drop the tank... I'm not going through all that.

where on the pic do you put the cap at..me still trying to figure this out

fuel5dk.png

I can't tell anything from that pic....use a volt meter to find the wire supplying 14v and one that goes to ground. Do you know how to do that?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.