• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Future Mobile Setup

DJboutit

Nov 30, 2006
Here is the mobile setup I plan to get in my ride in the near future what do you think of these items is there anything elese I might need?

2000 GTL Peaked Tuned
SkyThumper ST-65DX Microphone
2 Dual Coil 10k 17" shaft
Fatboy 1500w with driver
300 amp alternator
RG 217 Coax
2 Guage Battery Cable
Puck Mounts
2 Fatboy Reinforcing Plate Large
FATBOY PRE AMP
Optima Dual Post 800 CCA Battery

If I wone the lottery I would setup this same in 4 differ rides

without knowing what vehicle its going in......
the 2000 is a base not a mobile but it can be used that way .a magnum S-980 or a RCI 2970DX (straight to 1600) would be great options or a uniden grant . with that ammount of power id suggest a good quality swr/power meter like a palstar . id also suggest LMR-400UF coax over the 213 and only use soldered amphenol PL-259's . i hear the 22 inch 10-k tunes and works best and that there is nothing like a REAL 56K mic . since youre also wanting SSB id suggest an AB biased texas star 1600 (sweet 16) set to key 300 watts and talk (not whistle) 1200 watts . make sure your puck mounts are stainless steel and not aluminum or brass . an extra battery may be in order too . but........im just a duck and can only dream about a setup like that :roll: but what a sweet dream it is . :D

DJboutit said:
Here is the mobile setup I plan to get in my ride in the near future what do you think of these items is there anything elese I might need?

2000 GTL Peaked Tuned
SkyThumper ST-65DX Microphone
2 Dual Coil 10k 17" shaft
Fatboy 1500w with driver
300 amp alternator
RG 217 Coax
2 Guage Battery Cable
Puck Mounts
2 Fatboy Reinforcing Plate Large
FATBOY PRE AMP
Optima Dual Post 800 CCA Battery

If I wone the lottery I would setup this same in 4 differ rides

Thats over kill for a 1500 watt amp, can your vehicle CPU handle a different alternator like a 300 amp?

Beware of RF to that computer in that Van i have the same Van and can run 200 watts without the brake relay kicking on and light in dash check engine light going on. so i use a diff vehicle to run my big power. just some info for u. #15 in Cali

A friend of mine tried running high power in his new car and the computer ended up shutting down and he had to leave the car overnight. I could only imagine what he would have told the dealer.
" I Have a 4 Kilowatt amplifier in my trunk and was running it when all the power shut off and the vehicle shut down. I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED????"
"WELL Sir your vehicle suffered SEVERE RF EXPOSURE"

LOL, yup thats what will happen seen it many times. That why i use my 1990 dodge dakota and still engine light come on but other than that, nothing else. And im doing 4k. #15

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.