• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

g5rv dipole

i tried homebuilding a g5rv with a 1:1 balun fed with coax and did not work well, am on a single lot in town and could not get the radials to stretch out. i ended up going with a 75/25 windom that resonated really good on 80mtr and was under a 2 on 20. so far this antenna seems to work really well for me, i use the autotune in my 440 to drive the antenna. and get really decent reports on all bands with it.
kc8cvp

I have a G5RV up, and I can tell you that it works fine, however I plan on removing the 300 ohm window line and the 75 feet of RG8X and replacing it with 450 ohm ladder line.

The amount of loss from coax at those extreme mismatches is unvebelievable.

Here's a great link, from THE expert that will tell you all about it.

The All-Band Doublet

I started off with a B&W folded dipole. Worked 80 through 10 meters and center-fed. I think it was 60 feet long. These things do not require any tuning. You can hang it flatop or as a sloper or an inverted V. But they're not cheap. I think it's around 250 bucks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.