• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

G90 desk stand with cooling & power distribution

nikdfish

Feb 16, 2017
My G90 came in this week & I got a chance to finish up a little project I started when I ordered it. I needed to finalize some dimensions and do some test fittings that had to wait until the radio was in hand.

What I put together is a desk stand with cooling and power distribution. The stand part was done as left/right handles. A fan mount containing a 120x25mm fan connects to the handles and also supports a power distribution box that holds anderson powerpole pairs, a fuse holder, USB 5A powersupply and a switch for the fan. It has a pigtail with mini-Tamiya male connector that supplies power to the radio.

A snapshot of the Fusion 360 design for the parts. All parts were printed in ASA for environmental stability.

G90 Desk Stand v59.jpg

Front view after assembly

PXL_20240405_163842964b.jpg

Rear view after assembly

PXL_20240405_163650226b.jpg

Side view

PXL_20240405_163942327b.jpg

This is the inside of the power distribution portion. It is a modified version of the parametric single sided anderson powerpole box design I did a while back. This was the last test before adding the slide on cover & doing final assembly.

PXL_20240405_162629157b.jpg

There is about 14mm clearance between fan top & radio bottom to allow for easy air movement.

I haven't published any of these files yet, other than the parametric anderson powerpole distribution box.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.