• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 2517?

splinter313

On The Weak One
Feb 26, 2009
North Carolina
I was lookin' to get a new base radio,and just wonderin what you guys think of the Galaxy 2517. Are they as good a the others? Just let me know what you guys think about them!(y)

My 2517 does A LOT more than 12 watts. More like 42 watts PEP on SSB.

On AM it keys at 10 watts and modulates well past 30, almost 35 on my stingy Astatic 600 meter.

I had mine re-crystalled and aligned for full 10 meter band coverage. It is an awesome radio for 11/10 meters.

Like I said, have a REAL tech with actual test equipment and knowledge set it up, and you will be happy.

I think the newest production models have mosfets instead of bipolars. They can probably do more than 50 watts, if they are set up right.

i love my 2517..i have it about 2-3 years now .great radio.with just a turn of the modulation vr it swings 50 peak watts all day.thats all i ever done to it was turn up the modulation vr and the thing screams.never messed with anything else.i have mine set to key 3 watts with the variable all the way back and 10 watts all the way forward.

Excellent radio. Great looking and performs just as well. Out of the box it is one of the best sounding radios out there but with a proper allignment and tweaking it screams. I wouldn't part with the one i Have.

Jim

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.