• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 2547 vs. cobra 2000

I use a Marconi RF Signal Generator to maintain my equipment and that of some of my friends. With it I can see a lot about a radio's receiving capability. Most radios today are very good with dual conversion. Of the older radios, a properly aligned Uniden HR2510 or a Galaxy DX99V would be my favorites for the ability to hear a weak signal next to a nearby strong one. This is much more important than sensitivity. With the signal generator I can measure the adjacent channel rejection and get a good idea of what the actual usable sensitivity of the radio is. The HR2510 is also a fairly stable radio once warmed up. The newer Anytone 6666 or Superstar SS9900 is a real performer and can out hear and out talk any Cobra 2000GTL on my bench. Almost dead on frequency after 20-30 seconds of operation. If I have a receive issue with a radio I can usually select the proper diode or ceramic disc from the parts bin to get it right. Seldom do they fail. Every man has a vice and nostalgia is her name. I just love hearing Cobra 2000 owners brag about their radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.