• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 2547

Figures I got to explain this...

Sounds confusing - yes it is, but in the circuit - the Pin 7 - SINKS current - meaning when I say high - lets power flow into it...letting the transistors' base it has connected to it - turn on.

In this instance Q31 and Q33 both are turned on, but remember NPN inverts - while PNP needs inverted with respect to NPN to operate - inverted.

So with Q31 and Q33 on, and PLL Pin 6 in LOCK - Q32 turns off and this works, which is why I made up the "see-saw" graphic to help understand the forcing RX level versus the Sensitivity TX side would have - in changes to PLL Pin 6 condition.

This is due to the nature of single ended power supplies - the Op-Amp inputs needs a working pull down and pull up network to "lift" the signal detection and it's threshold is fixed, using biasing schemes like this.

So Pin 6 PLL "check" for Go-no go condition - is weighted differently than the MIC Pin 3 detect used on Pin 5. Since Pin 5 is the inverted input - this also looks at Pin 7 condition - with Pin 6 in the balance...

View attachment 64375
thanks again for info..IC4 only has 5 pins.that was my next move to change it out. dont know the # right off hand.but i have a replacement for it.just havnt had the time to change it out.i think it something like 2003 on it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.