• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 33 hp no power

Trainwreck

Aug 4, 2012
i left my galaxy 33 hp in my big truck during my vacation last week, during that time my co-driver had to swap trucks. and in the process hooked( i assume) my 33 up backwards. now i have no power and it blows the fuse on the ground side of a double fuse line that i use does anyboby know where i should start to get my favorite radio talking again? thanks for all your help and info{Cry_river}

D93 is the protection diode, a 1N4003. It is on the board very close to the power plug. If you clip it, be sure that you make sure that the power polarity is correct or else the radio will no longer have any protection against reverse voltage and fry. So, replace it; they are pretty cheap. Just observe polarity when installing a new one.

check the big diode just under the bottom cover that hooks to the power wires just inside the radio. if it was hooked up backwards it more than likely took out that diode. it is a 6A series diode. very large. may or may not look burnt. just unsolder 1 leg to see if the power comes back, if so put a new one in its place so you do not blow the radio up.

check the big diode just under the bottom cover that hooks to the power wires just inside the radio. if it was hooked up backwards it more than likely took out that diode. it is a 6A series diode. very large. may or may not look burnt. just unsolder 1 leg to see if the power comes back, if so put a new one in its place so you do not blow the radio up.

thanks guys i just happened to remember that after i posted this, the help is always welcome

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.