• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 44v diode?

They have those "controls and headers" connector issues too, dirt gets into the knob and switch, making it sound scratchy - best to just give it a shot of a simple tuner cleaner.

If you remember the Mongoose or even the Detta-Force early vintage models? Uses headers - similar setup - you switched around headers and the Echo worked - but the knobs went back to the board, not the main PCB - which generates it's own issues. So even a cleanup - burnish of the side panel to right-angle bracket to board mounting flange may be needed. If you'll note in your echo photo - you have "press inserts" even for the clamshells - so the Oxides of March are upon you...Happens every season...

I actually liked the echo in this board - but the age is usually what kills the fun of even using it - when it's old - it is old - and sounds like it - which, sadly a little effort in clean up is not what too many have the patience for.

Well I did change the 50/50 control pot because no amount of cleaner would clear it up and the shaft play showed it'd seen more youthful days. The connctor plugs all checked ok too. I agree with you Andy, I too like the echo of those older boards over the ones of today. Now after I replaced the caps it did clean up but not as much as I would have liked it to do. I'm starting to think I spent so much time on it that I became a little critical but the other side of me just didn't like that hiss it made me at a higher echo level. I just don't recall other older rigs sounding that way. Anyway I really appreciate you fellas and your input as you always do so well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.