• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 48T Problems

dnolan747

Oct 27, 2009
Rayne, La.
I dont know if this is the place to post this but here goes.... If not please let me know

I have a 48T in the shop that is really giving me a headache.... It was brought in the shop with a complaint of no tx, well in put it on the bench and everything was working fine and then it started, tx would drop out then come back and the longer i messed with it the worse it would get,, so i flexed the board and checked solder joints and nothing so i set it flat on the bench with component side up and keyed the mic,, nothing,, i touched the frame by mistake and it keyed up let the frame go and it unkeyed so i touched the frame again and it keyed up so yeah the headache started.... when it does key up the radio works flawlessly....... any help with this would be greatly apreciated......

thanks

Dean

also look for a bad solder joint or a cracked trace. those items are common with the problem you are having.. make sure the board screws are tight and then look for a bad joint. you can push on the board with a tooth brush to see if you can locate the area the problem is in..some times you can twist the case and this type of problem will show up also. you said moving it around on the bench could cause it to act up.
I had a superstar 121 a while back and it would work just fine until you put it in a mounting bracket and tightened the bracket screws. it had bad solder joints and a cracked trace at the audio chip.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated