• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 939?

T-bone

Oct 18, 2007
S. Jersey
Are there any photos of this radio yet? Will it be a large radio like the 959 or a compact design. How will it compare to the 959?
Thanks

im going to guess that it will be comparable to a cobra 29, blue meter of course and more than likly a "starlight" faceplate. a 949, 959, and 979 are ssb radio's, if im guessing right the 939 should be am only. i dont think there will be a frequency counter as its not needed on am usage.

T-bone said:
Are there any photos of this radio yet? Will it be a large radio like the 959 or a compact design. How will it compare to the 959?
Thanks

Should be ready by the 2nd week of Jan 08.
I'll get some pics posted pretty soon.
Same size as the DX959
StarLite faceplate
AM Only
5 Digit Frequency Counter (has to be some reason for that huh?)
Blue leds
Mosfet finals - (1)IRF520 driver + (1)IRF520 final
Slot for adding 2nd IRF520 final

Made some slight changes to the transmit section which makes this model a sleeper until it's secret is revealed.
No need to remove or tamper with the AMC on this model.

GRTS said:
T-bone said:
Thanks

Same size as the DX959
StarLite faceplate
AM Only
Blue leds

Made some slight changes to the transmit section which makes this model a sleeper until it's secret is revealed.

Front fire mic or side mic ???

GRTS said:
T-bone said:
Thanks

Same size as the DX959
StarLite faceplate
AM Only
Blue leds

diff can't wait I love when a secret is let out...lol

should be a 50 watt radio though so thats not bad.

do you know what its going to be using for a pll in it?

smalltiredart said:
GRTS said:
T-bone said:
Thanks

Same size as the DX959
StarLite faceplate
AM Only
Blue leds

Front fire mic or side mic ???

Side mic jack due to so many front panel features.

Carl said:
should be a 50 watt radio though so thats not bad.

do you know what its going to be using for a pll in it?

Not quite 50 watts because you have to remember this is a FCC type accepted CB model and not a 10-meter model. Already mentioned the driver and final were mosfets if that's what you're calling pills?

GRTS said:
Same size as the DX959
StarLite faceplate
AM Only
Blue leds

So its going to be like that ranger that has am only but has a freq counter.
like this one
TR396F.jpg

the tr 396

bigred222 said:
GRTS said:
Same size as the DX959
StarLite faceplate
AM Only
Blue leds

So its going to be like that ranger that has am only but has a freq counter.
like this one

no....

no the PLL chip (phase lock loop) transistors are transistors or in this case field effect transistors. pills are what goes in your tummy :D.

i wondering about the pll to see if there is going to be a way to get some expanded frequency out of the thing. im always on the lookout for new stuff for the locals around here.

Carl said:
no the PLL chip (phase lock loop) transistors are transistors or in this case field effect transistors. pills are what goes in your tummy :D.

i wondering about the pll to see if there is going to be a way to get some expanded frequency out of the thing. im always on the lookout for new stuff for the locals around here.

/me puts on glasses.

The PLL is RCI-8719

i have mixed feelings about the rci8719, but i understand its needed to help get certification these days. at least we can get a standard mb8719 in there and mod pin 9 so we can get lots of extra channels, this radio is actually sounding pretty good to me for some reason. any idea on a expected cost?

a 30-40 watt am radio with a backlit face, freq counter and it looks like it can be modded for extra's would be a slam dunk if the price was right. would rather it be a ssb radio but hopefully one will follow in suit.

galaxy939.jpg

i rehosted the pic because you need to register at cbtricks to see it and i hate to see us use all bernie's bandwith

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.