• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 94/98VHF Alternative Freq. Mod - Needed ??

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
These are 28-29.700 or a bit more out of the box. SO the rigs go there. However when you do the 11 meter mod of completely removing the 4 Resistors - they top out at 28.775. I want to be able to still go to 29.700 or thereabouts and it's okay if I lose some coverage on the lower end. Has anyone experimented with just lifting the leg on one or more of the resistors to see what happens with the frequency coverage?
I'm wanting to do this: > as I enjoying working the 10M AM Portion at 29.000-29.200 (common) Would be nice to have an AM Audio Monster lol radio up there. My Icom sounds decent on AM ..... but it ain't no CB AM Audio Monster rig. Any help? I'm aware that the Strykers cover 29.000 as well as the RCI X9 and the RCI's. I used to have a 94HP but let it go. Would be wonderful to have a 98VHP with a 50 watt carrier and PEP to 200 watts up there. Think of the Audio Reports mannnnnn ..... just think of them :LOL: Anyway - I'm just trying to decide which high power (non-computer programmable) export mobile to get.
Also, I'm aware that if necessary, the 94/98 Resistor Set could be completely disconnected and hooked up to a 4 Pole Single Throw Switch to cut them in and out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Isn't the conversion still done by moving a jumper wire?

If so, you could always wire up a multi-pole switch to go from between the 11 mod and factory.

There is a crystal swap mod that will give coverage starting around 26 mHz and goes to the top of the 10 meter FM portion of the band.

Isn't the conversion still done by moving a jumper wire?

If so, you could always wire up a multi-pole switch to go from between the 11 mod and factory.

There is a crystal swap mod that will give coverage starting around 26 mHz and goes to the top of the 10 meter FM portion of the band.
Not on the Galaxy's. Maybe you're thinking of the RCI 29XX's

Not on the Galaxy's. Maybe you're thinking of the RCI 29XX's
Interesting, unless the board has changed. Here is a CB Tricks diagram showing 11 meter mod for the 98

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 17-23-21 Galaxy DX Radios DX98VHP Service Manual.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated