• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 94 HP Problems....

JunkMaster

Apr 22, 2011
Dirty Jersey
Ok.. Just got my 94 HP from Sparkys..Love this radio..!!!! Does everything and then some. Had it 'bout 3 weeks. Listening to skip on 6 on the way to do laundry. Shut it off when I got out of my truck. Hour later got back in and turned it on. NO backround noise. No transmit..Nothin. Nadda. No LSB/Usb or Am. No Rx. No TX..Powers up but nothin else. Tried different ant. Nothin. Tried diff mike. Nothin. Unplugged ant and keyed up to see if SWR would go off the meter..Nothin. WTF??? Now Im steamin mad.:headbang :censored: Radio shipped out for warrenty work today..$349.00 for a new radio that lasts 3 weeks?? Anybody got any thoughts on this??
BTW...Radio wired direct to battery as per Galaxy
Ant. is a Wilson 5000 mag mount.

Thanks for your thoughts Junkmaster 946 Garbage State NJ

Could be anything. Sounds like some single component inside just went bad. It happens. There are hundreds and hundreds of parts inside the thing, I have one. It is aggravating though.

Worse on mine, the internal cooling fan quit and the thing requires the most major of surgery to even get to it much less replace. So I have two 4" box fans strapped to the bottom blowing over the heat sink to keep it cool. Still like the radio okay. Might would choose something else if I was buying again.

good luck !

Have had 2 94HP over the last 5 years and lots of Galaxy radio, one of the 94HPs I brought from him, I also had a problem with it sent if back to Sparky and he repaired the radio and sent it back to me, it worked for a while again but the problem reappeared again. I sent it to Galaxy repair the second time and when I received it back the radio worked as it should the the remainder of the time I had the radio. When a Galaxy radio is set up right it is very hard to beat the radio, For AM use there the best! It was nothing Sparky did that caused any problem to the radio I had, it was a bad component on a run of radios Galaxy had which Galaxy's tec explained to me after I got the radio back from Galaxy..............Oldtimer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.