• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 959B voicelock question

dss56

Sep 27, 2010
I picked up a good working Galaxy 959B.

I did the channel mod for extra channels
Did the clarifier mod also but only swings 1+- up/down.

Is there a way of getting the clarifier to swing about or close to 5 up/down?

I know of the switch mod to jump 10KC but was hoping to get more on the adjustable front knob.

thanksgalaxy.jpg

First off, did you re-align the loop osc as was instructed in the unlock clarifier mod?

BTW - the more movement you give the clarifier range, the more you are going to experience more freq drift/instability. Most usually limit the clarifier freq bandwidth so that less drift occurs. Been my experience too.

Yes I did the re align and right on freq. I was hoping maybe 2-3 kc either way but it only does 1 either way.

I think it the one for the change of resistor 153 I will have to look into that and see unfortunately the complete front radio has to come off to get to the resistor as the freq counter board covers it. if its not to much of a hassle I will go for it, or try to find in from the bottom side.

thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.