• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 95T2

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
Any one own one of these bad boys. if so how do you like. pro's con's whats the deal. If i ever was going to spend money in the 3-4 hundred dollar range i think it would be one of these, im a huge Galaxy fan.

i could never spend 400 on a cb, i would buy a kenwood 570 or a icom all mode. somthing that is actually usefull.

i have heard a few on the air and they always sounded great.
carl,although you are probably right ......i have never heard a ham radio like those you mention sound good on 11 meters .thats why us 11 meter guys dont buy them.

fnkycoldmedina said:
carl,although you are probably right ......i have never heard a ham radio like those you mention sound good on 11 meters .thats why us 11 meter guys dont buy them.

you must be an am'er then. those icom's sound sweet on ssb.

than you are using the wrong radio's. ive use ham rigs that were just as loud as those toys and much cleaner to boot. modern hf rigs use speech compressors that allow 100%, not just on peaks like a standard radio. most of the time you hear a hf rig there using a standard non amplified ceramic mic and a radio that is not set up properly. i guess everyone likes a muddy overdriven radio that splaters 5 "channels" away.

BIONIC_TEXAN88 said:
fnkycoldmedina said:

you must be an am'er then. those icom's sound sweet on ssb.

I know a guy who has a 756proIII and it does sound real nice on 27.3750 where i hang out. Theres also a guy i know who runs a lafayette 75 and you'd swear it was hf equipment. The audio Oh my god it sounds godly, way better sounding than my driftbox.

15minigrass said:
I had the orginal 95T. Best Ill ever own. Can imagine what the 95T2 does.
COPYCOPY. Anyone know what they changed with the 95T2 someone told me once but i forget. there was susposedly a problem with the 1st gen one that they fixed with the T2. Anyone know???

Carl said:
than you are using the wrong radio's. ive use ham rigs that were just as loud as those toys and much cleaner to boot. modern hf rigs use speech compressors that allow 100%, not just on peaks like a standard radio. most of the time you hear a hf rig there using a standard non amplified ceramic mic and a radio that is not set up properly. i guess everyone likes a muddy overdriven radio that splaters 5 "channels" away.

Yeah just to give you an idea of how bad they are

The guy i know He runs a lafayette 75 i believe its called a telstat or something but whatever irrellevant. Lives in queens county. Gets Bleedover from 6 from a guy in Brooklyn! and yes thats right kids. 31 channel splatter. Now i see how those Superbowlers get in to trouble from all that bleedover. Personally I dont really have the trained ear yet to tell what is over modulating and whats where its susposed to be. But when im told someone is overmodulating i dont really care it doesnt sound that bad.

Carl said:

I hear using other mics sometimes sounds worse. otherwise you have to move up to one of those Heil things for like over 100 bucks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.