• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 979 bone pile radio

dozerman

hello, its me again
Dec 16, 2013
milan tennessee
hello all. I took a break from another radio, posted in the forum, to look thru some parts rigs I have and pull parts and what not. I came across a 979 I bought when they switched to mosfet. I can't remember why I tossed it but over the years I w pulled parts out of it. I decided to try to revive it. I had pulled the pre driver, driver, final, audio IC, voltage regulator and a couple more things here and there. To the best of my ability, I've put back everything that was taken out. Pulled up a parts list from cbtricks to go by. I've got great talkback, and recieve. I had PA until I switched the 827 regulator. But I have zero output. I took a bunch of things out of the final section, but have put them all back. I'm only getting 2.7 volts on the collector of the 827 and 2.4 at the bias board. The driver and final have 4.5 volts at the collector on tx. I'm sure I'm wrong, but shouldn't the collector of the 827 reg have closer to 8 volts on it? I'm not sure what I'm missing. I've tried to find a chassis picture of the radio to see what it looks like versus mine but no luck.

Oh, in the place of the inductors at L33 and L35, I may be wrong, I have 1/8 watt resistors. Is that right?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.