• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 98 and 99 swr's

scorpion1980florida

andy phillips (scorpion)
Apr 22, 2012
jacksonville florida
wow i've wrote like 3 post and never could figure out why no one ever replyed. i thought the replys would go to my mail box. now i found out you just go back and look at your thread and see what people wrote. i've just been send PM cause people would reply to them. i feel STUPID..lol..I need to ask 1 more question and i won't ask no more for atleast a week. i have a new galaxy 98vhp and a older galaxy 99 a brand new imaxx 2000 new coax and a dosy tc-4001 when i check the swr with the 99 they are under 1.5 on ch 1-40 but when i hook up the vhp they go alittle bit above 1.5 on ch 1-40 they go to about 1.8-1.9 is that just because the power out put is a good bit higher. is the swr really still under 1.5 but its getting splatter? i am so scared i am gonna hurt the radios i can't even enjoy them. the 98 meter inside the radio say the swrs are even lower. like 1.6 with the power turned all the way up on ch 40 but a 1.9 on ch1 . but the dosys says they are higher on ch 1 then they are on 40. yall are awesome thanks for yalls help

1) Never trust a radio's built-in SWR meter to be accurate. The seldom are completely accurate.

2) Use an external SWR meter. Check SWR on AM/mic gain on 0. Check it on ch. 1, 20, & 40. Re-calibrate the SWR meter each time you test.

3) The SWR of an Imax can get down to 1.1:1 or 1.2:1. If the SWR is at 1.5:1 - I would say that it is out of adjustment.

4) I would never turn the amp all the way up in ANY radio I use. Give it some breathing space, 1/2 or 2/3 is better. Less than 1/2 if you talk for a long time.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.