1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy 98VHP

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Texas JB, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Texas JB

Texas JB Member

What y'all think about this radio? Thinking about picking one up!

2. CB Zombie

CB Zombie Member

If your getting it for DX or Skip you will have drifting problems on SSB, it's ok on AM..

My first choice for a 10m export would be a Stryker 955 or Magnum S6 or S9

If you want a Galaxy? Look for a 99v or 95t2...

The choice is ultimately yours! So do your research and enjoy your radio!

73's

3. weatherman

weatherman Member

99V will drift also. Not as bad when warmed up.

4. EricExtreme

EricExtreme American Eagle 813

I use the DX98VHP for DXing. It does have some drift here and there but I dont care. I bounce around frequencies so frequently anyway. It does great DX.

5. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

If you want to talk AM 80% of the time then go for it. If you talk a lot of SSB then you don't want a Galaxy radio period. That's the bottom line nuff said.

6. rockytopcummins

Did you end up getting one?

7. Turbo T

Turbo T Certified CB Rambo

The Galaxy 98 VHP looks like a nice radio, but overpriced for what you're getting. However they're good for when you're a truck driver that cannot run a separate amp in your semi truck because your trucks owner/your boss said :thumbdown: to it and if you did end up doing it, he would do this to you...*Don`t do it*

8. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

True but.... you will still have to wire it direct. Any of the high powered Exports will not run off the dash post's.

9. bigred222

bigred222 Key Up City Radio

I really have no idea what a lot of people are talking about, i have a 95T and it works great on SSB never had a problem with it. Does it drift well if you want my honest opinion the answer would be maybe, but not more than any other CB/10meter radio i have had. Ive also had a 2547, a 22b, and a melaka, and never had any problems with them drifting either, and 80% of my talking is SSB, Perhaps i have just gotten lucky.

10. Spiderleggs

Spiderleggs Member

Galaxy's drift? You want something that drifts try a Comanche 1011D lol. Had to use a handheld freq. counter to know where I was until it warmed up sufficiently. However to warm it up faster I kept a sheet of paper to put over it and once it settled down it was okay.

11. dragracer

dragracer W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Talking about the Siltronix drifting. There was a mod to cure that.