• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 99 or Connex 4800 ?!?

211 in tha mag

Apr 11, 2005
Well, i have had the Galaxy 99 and it never gave me a problem! I have heard the connex 4800 and must say it sound's real good! If i had to probably pick, i would try the 4800! just like that new country song : "My Favorite Color is Chrome" and thats just what i like! LOL But, let this be up to you, both are fine little rigs and will do you right either way, just find the right tech and it will do you justice! (Hey, send it to Dr Radio CB SHOP) (inside joke between NB and I)

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

i am thinking of getting one of these radios for my pick up......i was just wondering which one you think would be an all around better radio....thanks for the replies......NB

</p>

The Connex 4800DXL has a newer board than what the Galaxy 99 has. Far as audio its gonna be about the same but the connex has the better reciever out of the two. And they are also less expensive than the 99. But theres no manufacturer warranty with the Connex.

</p>

I've never owned a 4800 either. But, if you want something with great am audio - get the 99, the rx is ok.

The 4800 has better receive and is more stable on ssb. If tuned by someone who can make them walk the dog and kick the cat, the 4800 is a great am boomer also. I know a few locals with the 4800 and they really like them, they've had them tuned right and they are loud.

You might consider the new Galaxy 45mp. I've had mine for a few months now, and I LOVE it. It has the same main board as the 4800 - better rx than the 99. It also has two finals like the 99. It's got a backlit faceplate also. It doesn't have ssb or a freq counter though, but a freq counter can be added. I got mine from RR and he tuned it to TALK!!!

Hossless

</p>

Or you could get a 48T (Tuned by RR) and live happily ever after.No SSB though!

TeddyC(Outback)

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=outback613>outback613</A> at: 9/18/03 8:31 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.