• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 99v first gen

Spector1975

Dec 4, 2020
Hello all, I need some help try to figure out why this radio will not power on everything from power coming in good, I have 13.8 volts on c195 and nothing further, c194 has no power, both protection diodes are good(new). Also have no 8 volts as well. There is also power to T1 and TR51 and voltage is 13.8 on both of them. No blown traces that I can find or cracks in board. I am l teaching my self to repair radios, any help would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

Reactions: Rwb

My 1st thought would be to check the volume/power switch. Check for voltage at the back of the volume control. You should be able to find the power coming to it as well as the power going to the radio when it is turned on. If it is bad you will not have power leaving it. Look on CBTricks for the 99V info

Thanks on the info, I do have power at the switch on brown wire 13.8 with switch on or off, no volts on red wires witch believe is going out of switch.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.