• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 99v2

I don't understand why they just can't upgrade the capacitors for a more frequency stable radio. Another thing today I opened a brand new never installed DX99V2. Still in factory box with seals in tact I looked around inside the radio and was sorely disappointed with what I saw. Solder Flux all over the place. It was apparent that they tried to wash it off but failed miserably. Add a little moisture and a little time corrosion will kill it and knock it off frequency. I'm sending this one back to Galaxy. It uses the same main board that they use in the DX949, DX959, and the DX979. A few parts added in here and there for FM and other features. But it is the same board, same design with just a few parts here and there and the board change it's function considerably.

I think the v2 uses the same board as the 95t2, 94hp and 98vhp.

I like mine, just would rather side mic jack.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't have the V2 but do have some of the problems with it being cold. It takes a few minutes for it to reach the center of the frequency. This 959DX has been highly modded Clarrifier ,upper and lower freeks with the counter following right along, switchable on/off ALC, and more technical stuff inside. I haven't noticed the failure or indicator light of the RB but will be looking when it gets cold again. Nice radio you have I just wish they had better NB's.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
I think the v2 uses the same board as the 95t2, 94hp and 98vhp.

I like mine, just would rather side mic jack.

Having worked in electronic manufacturing for over 40 years the practice is when you have a product that works you keep it and do updates from time to time. If you start with a board that will fit in every unit you make is good business practice to keep it updated.
Ever notice on the component side of the board with all of the empty positions? They are empty because the parts are not required for that model. That's the way we did it at one of the radio manufacturer's I worked for. One basic board and only populate what you need for that model.

Having worked in electronic manufacturing for over 40 years the practice is when you have a product that works you keep it and do updates from time to time. If you start with a board that will fit in every unit you make is good business practice to keep it updated.
Ever notice on the component side of the board with all of the empty positions? They are empty because the parts are not required for that model. That's the way we did it at one of the radio manufacturer's I worked for. One basic board and only populate what you need for that model.

I have. I'm over my head with this stuff and I'm sure the boards (94 etal vx. 959 et al) are very similar. I know one area is very similar, or maybe identical, since the method used to unlock the clarifier on the 94 and 959 is the same.

Where did you buy your 99v2 from if you don't mind me asking?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated