• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX-2527 please help !!!

basstracker1970

Nov 6, 2012
Ok I was talking on my galaxy dx-2527 last night and it was working great like always. I went to key it up and noticed out of the blue it started going to max power on watt meter with no modulation. It use to deadkey 1 watt and swing to around 30w. Now when I key it up it goes straight to 30w. I went to ssb and it works fine there just not on am. Im thinking maybe voltage reg or am regulator both have been upgraded. Any help will be greatly appreciated.....

Checked all that already had to switch to another radio 2950 mobile and it worked fine. Something inside radio went south for sure. fm also goes straight to 30 w like am does... ssb is fine....

Radio fixed. I replaced Q51 voltage reg and Q53 am reg and radio works great now. Now sure which one really was the problem as I replaced them both at same time.

Reactions: 1 person
Radio fixed. I replaced Q51 voltage reg and Q53 am reg and radio works great now. Now sure which one really was the problem as I replaced them both at same time.

Congrats!
(y)

Use a DMM and set it on diode check/function. Then look up on YouTube how to check NPN and PNP transistors. Even if you toss both parts away, at least you will gained the experience/knowledge. The problem was most likely Q53/2SA473.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.