• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GALAXY DX-33HP2

Got galaxy dx-33hp2 today freq mod is different from the old 33's anyone know how to do the channel mod on this new radio. Galaxy is of no help.

is there any kind of a jumper in the box with the radio. if it is a new conversion it should have a jumper you will need to plug in. some radios have it inside the radio and just have to plug it in. do you look on youtube for a video. there are some there showing you how to do channel mods. I read in a few places it mods as a galaxy44 radio. it may have a loose connector by the channel switch. take a look.

Last edited:
I bought this radio from a retailer not a shop. Second I found the frequency mod for the channels. On the bottom of the board solder side on the front right side you will see a cluster of resistors soldered together going the the ppl chip. Just remove all of them and bammmm your done converting. This is for the galaxy dx-33hp2 radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?