• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 88HL, Complete with Great Mods

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Here is a nice 88HL that I have been using in my shop for about 6 months. Only selling as I have put a high power radio out there. Lot's of details and I like to go over everything so bear with the length.

Radio came to me with no mods and some cosmetic issues. I fixed 'er up. Faceplate and bezel were scratched up from typical use so I replaced those with new. I have managed to get a couple of little scratches in the chrome bezel but not bad. Faceplate still is as new. There was a big scratch across the amber plastic lens covering the freq. counter. I had a sheet of blue lens material on hand so I removed the amber lensing on the freq. counter and channel display and replaced with the blue and installed a blue LED in the meter. Factory readout LEDs are still the yellow-green color and the blue lens doesn't really change that much which you can see in the pics....but has a general blue light appearance across the front. Case has typical accumulation of scratches from normal use but not terrible. I'll give the overall looks an 8.5 of 10 I had to put a replacement internal speaker inside. Not a Galaxy factory speaker - came out of a different radio. Plays fine and still has the proper 2 pin connector that plugs into the circuit board. I always used an external speaker anyway.

Radio works 100% as should. Good peak and tune. Radio is loud clean and clear and should, echo works fine. All LED segments work. I have put the talkback on a toggle switch on rear so you can use echo without the talkback. I have performed the Swing Mod so radio swings to full power from the Low setting. Currently set at about 3.5 watts deadkey on Low swings to 23. High set about 10W swings to 23. Sideband goes to about 29 watts on my everyday Dosy 4002 meters.

Comes with NIB Cobra CA73 stock mic. This is the large Cobra mic with the snake on the front. These are the loudest and clearest stock mics Cobra makes. Taken out of package to test and put back in. New black mounting bracket and 4 matching screws. Long fused power cord.

Lowest freq 25.165 Highest 28.765

Complete and ready to plug & play. Great sounding and very decent looking radio. Feel free to ask any questions. See 13+ positive rating here.

$175 shipped firm Parcel Post includes Delivery Confirmation and insurance. Lower 48 U.S. only this price. Will consider ship to other locations but will cost a bit more and I must be able to obtain insurance against package loss. Will be covered in lots of bubble wrap and in oversize box. Paypal fine or mail payment. No trades at this time. Will go to ebay this Sunday night if no takers. Thanks

Attachments

• 88a.jpg
    88a.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 36
  • picture292.jpg
    picture292.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 30
  • picture293v.jpg
    picture293v.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 26

dxChat
Help Users